Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What's in a name?

It is an onerous task, when it comes to naming. Yes, be it naming your kid, your project, your blog, everyone attempts to discover/invent, eye-catching, innovative and unique names that etch to ones memory, so that it is not forgotten, in this busy competitive world. Name, might not be the very first attribute that is noticed, yet if you are noticed, then the next info that people would like to know is the name.
Imagine a conspicuous, young person, who attracts magnetically everyone towards him. It is obvious that people ask his/her name. The first impression is supercharged with a second if the name is something cool, stylish and haute. Such people have a long time of fame and rarely go into oblivion.
Similar is the heart of any blog creator. In this vast kingdom of information, every blog tries to make it's own space, an identity of it's own. For that, apart from the information that it provides, and the rate at which the blog is updated and the veracity of the information, the attributed called name has an important place. No one would want an ephemeral blog, though most bloggers feel lazy to update their blogs, which is later pushed into oblivion.
Yes, I was one such fellow, lazy to blog, lazy to put my thoughts into words, lazy to share. I dream a lot, wander throught the information highway, investigating, analysing, concentrating that is logical and pushing away unessential stuffs. Now I have made up my mind and come back. The result a new blog, which I will update and shall not let it lumber.
Naming was the difficult task for me. Both the blog name and it's url. I hadn't known that both can be changed at a later point of time, due to which I postponed my blogging dreams, finally when I came to know of it by chance I straight away created one and here I am letting my mind flow and my fingers key in the thoughts into words. I am not yet satisfied with the name I still feel, yet I feel it looks and feels good enough.

No comments: